Thread: Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
AlaskaAngel

Re: Fatigue

Hi Emma,

I'm one of the few here who had most of the same treatment you have had. Most have had Adriamycin and Cytoxan like you and I but have not had 5-FU and instead have had a taxane. I also was on tamoxifen afterward. However, I did not have any blood boosters in-between treatments (which you may have had), and I never have had trastuzumab because it wasn't approved back when I had treatment.

Everyone is a little different due to age differences and other factors, but I too had fatigue and low blood counts for a long time afterward even though I have no other chronic conditions that would contribute to that. Eating healthy food and getting a bit of exercise helps, but with that particular chemo regimen the blood counts didn't rise much for almost 3 years, and only slowly.

You might be younger than I was. I was 51 at the time. If you are younger, your blood counts may improve sooner than mine. I know this may sound a bit discouraging but I do want you to know that what you are going through is similar to another person that was previously healthy, and that eventually it does improve.

AlaskaAngel
IDC 1.9 cm, some DCIS, Stage 1, Grade 3
Lumpectomy, CAFx6 (no blood boosters), IMRT rads, 1 3/4 yr tamoxifen
Rads necrosis
BRCA 1 & 2 negative
Trials: Early detection OVCA; 2004 low-dose testosterone for bc survivors
Diet: Primarily vegetarian organic; metformin (no diabetes), vitamin D3
Exercise: 7 days a week, 1 hr/day
No trastuzumab, no taxane, no AI
NED
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote