View Single Post
Old 08-19-2011, 09:20 AM   #35
sweetsunflwr

Re: HER2 learning more is it a bad thing?

I visited with my oncologist today. No treatment other than tamoxifen at this point. Since my tumor was 1.5 mm it is too small to even meet the protocol for Herceptin/Chemotherapy. He offered that I could get a second opinion and offered to set up the appointment for me and referred me to 3 breast Oncologist in Kansas City. He sit with me and explained everything and that since the tumor was caught so early and I was node negative that even the Oncologist Board would question him putting me on herceptin and chemotherapy. He is only doing the bone and ct scans due to famly history otherwise there wouldn't even be that given the size of the tumor. He is currently monitoring my blood and liver enzimes and said if those numbers start to come up then we would have a problem. I feel more at ease and even the fact that he offered to set me up for a second opinion makes me feel good. I am thankful for everyones input regarding the HER2+ questions that I had - I will continue to be monitored and have lab work every 3 months. I found out a lot about my breast cancer this week and I am thankful for this website... you ladies are awsome! Thank you again!!!
BRCA1 and BRCA2 - NEGATIVE
March 29, 2010- bilateral mastectomy with the left one being prophalactic--showing a 1.5-mm, invasive, component, grade 3
April 2010-Feb 2011- Reconstruction of both breasts, expanders to implants, with aerola tattooing and nipple reconstruction.
After Surgery pathology report-Pathology shows a 1.5-mm, invasive carcinoma in the setting of DCIS, grade 3
Maximum tumors the size of the DCIS being 7 mm, ER+, PR+ at 90 and 80% respectively. HER-2/neu is 3+
Taking Tamoxifen 20 mg daily for 5 years
www.byebyehooters.blogspot.com - my journey...

what lies before us are tiny matters of what lies within us, which makes us stronger
sweetsunflwr is offline   Reply With Quote