View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
Becky

Tumor Profiling Lab Tests

This information is from Mamacze and I am kindly "sticking" it on her behalf. Thank you Kim!
-----------------------------------------------------------

I am adding this sticky to alert our Her2 members to the recent option of tumor profiling lab tests. When your physician sends a biopsy sample for molecular testing to a lab that does tumor profiling, the lab can run a panel that is tailored specifically to each tumor, resulting in a uniquely focused and targeted diagnosis. The report provides you, (the patient) and your oncologist with lists of relevant clinical trials that are tied to the specific diagnosis, if a mutation is identified. I encourage any of you, especially if you are resistant to treatment to consider having this done.
I am familiar with the lab Precipio Diagnostics at Yale in New Haven, CT. (
http://www.precipiodx.com/patients_tumor_profiling.html) I am sure there are others out there. Personally, I would work with a university-based lab as they may provide additional analysis that a more traditional for-profit lab may not be reimbursed for. I have received many queries about this so I have asked Becky to sticky this message.

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote