View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:37 PM   #22
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Chemo-induced menopausal Barbie after her free visit to the JC Penny Salon in October

Hey, anybody else besides me going to take atvantage of the offer for free hair or wig styling for the month of October for breast cancer survivors at JC Penny Salons? If yes, after you do it, I'd love to hear how your hair or wig turns out--are you happy with it? Getting our hair or wig fixed pretty for the cost of a tip is a great cheerer-upper IMHO.

The stylist who did my hair did a great job. I am sooooooooooo grateful to have hair on my head again! I'm really enjoying all the soft curls which I did not have previous to chemo--sure is an easy hairdo. I'd love for the curls to stay and I know they might not last, but any hair is great hair in my book. Even though I am trying to grow my hair longer and it's still shortish, I've had 3 post chemo cuts so far because the hair on the sides is growing at an accelerated rate faster than the rest and I keep sprouting Bozo the Clown hair wings--Ha.

The hair stylist and whole salon wasn't very busy at all and we chatted while she worked on my hair for about an hour (!) about kids and life, breast cancer, how delicate hair that comes in after chemo is (Tip: NOTHING harsh--she said people who do hair foiling, perms, strong hair dye--gentle dye OK, on this initial "baby hair" can cause it to decinigrate! What a yikesaroozie THAT would be after finally growing back hair!)

Have a great day!

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote