View Single Post
Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #6
vlcarr

Re: Statistics from Peru for DFS and OS in Her2+ & ER+/- BC

Hi Joni,

I see you've had your first treatment already. I haven't been on for a couple of days so sorry I'm a little late in getting back with you.

I did the Tykerb/Herceptin trial for newly diagnosed Her2+ patients so I was on 4 Tykerb's a day and weekly Herceptin for 3 months. The trial worked wonderfully for me as they could not even find my tumors on ultrasound.

I wanted to mention that because I had a hard time with TCH but many, many folks on the board did not. The one thing I've learned is that we all respond differently. I didn't have the usual side effects with Tykerb that some people report so you just never know.

My stomach was very sensitive to the chemo so that was a constant battle. However, when I had my 4th treatment I asked my onc if she was sure I got chemo because I didn't have any issues after that one.

I ran a low grade fever and just didn't bounce back in 2 or 3 days. I really didn't start to feel much better until about 2 or 3 days before my next one rolled around.

It's not easy but you can do it. And, you may not have the same problems I did. I will be sending warm fuzzies your way and hoping you are still feeling well. It feels good to get that first one behind you.

I'm through with radiation--YEAH!!!--and will get my last herceptin on 06/24.

If you do a search on the board for TCH you can find many posts with much information and suggestions to help.

Wishing you an uneventful chemo!!

Best Wishes,
Vicky
Grade 3
Sentinel Node Biopsy-speck present in 1 node
Completed 3 month clinical trial of weekly Herceptin and 1000mg Tykerb daily
Tumor no longer present
Right mastectomy and lymph node removal 09/25/09
No cancer present at time of surgery, none in lymph nodes
Start TCH 10/15, every 3 weeks for 4 months followed by radiation
Finished chemo 01/28/10-YEAH!
Herceptin every 3 wks until end of June
Radiation begins 03/01, 6 1/2 weeks
Radiation complete--Yeah!!
Developed lymphedema after radiation
In hospital for 4 days with pneumonia:(
Herceptin done! 06/24/10
Port Removed 07/08/10
Still in PT for lymphedema and mobility issues
DIEP Reconstruction 05/11
I can be changed by what happens to me, but I refuse to be reduced by it~~Maya Angelou
vlcarr is offline   Reply With Quote