Thread: Women under 40
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #15
whynow?

Re: Women under 40

Hi Kristin, diagnosis details below. I'm married, have a daughter Hannah, just turned two at diagnosis - now 7 and my son Christian who will turn 5 on the 6th September..
I flew through chemo with very little side effects. Some digestive tract issues but mainly tiredness was the only problem and with two small children that's not unusual... My periods never skipped once despite all the chemo and to date I have no long term side effects.
For me, at 5 years out, there are advantages to having received a cancer diagnosis - I'm more focused on the things that are important than I've ever been in my life. I appreciate even the smallest things in life, listening to the rain whilst lying in bed, Autumn, jogging, spending time with my friends (& don't you discover who they are following diagnosis!!) and my children..I never know it was possible to love this much...
I have just received an all clear PET CT scan.... we will be in Disney Florida for all my cancerversary dates and on the 13th Sept we will be swimming with dolphins at Discovery Cove - giving the V's to cancer....

Good luck to you & I wish you hope, strength & lots of love xxx
Dx 04/09/06 aged 37 (just... by days) at 37 weeks pregnant. Christian delivered 2 days later by CS 06/09/06 healthy (Thank God) at 6lb 14 oz at 37 weeks & 5 days. Lumpectomy 13/09/06 - Left breast - DCIS 16mm, IDC 9mm, Stage 1, Grade 3 HER2 + (FSH), ER-/PR-, 0/14 glands - no vascular invasion.
Oct 06 - Jan 07 Epirubicin
Jan 07 - Apr 07 CMF
May 07 15 rads + 2 boosters
May 07 - Apr 08 Herceptin 3 weekly
Oct 07 1 year Mammo /PET CT - Clear
May 08 - Completed 18 Herceptin
July 08 - PET CT Scan shows "no sinister features and no signs of active disease"
Sept. 08 = 2 yr mammo & Ultrasound - Clear
Mar. 09 = PET CT - Clear
Sept. 09 = 3 yr mammo & Ultrasound - Clear (Ca 15-3 markers remain consistently escalated between 60 & 80!)
Sept. 10 +4 yr mammo & ultrasound - Clear
Aug 11 = PET CT - 5 yrs Clear - NED & celebrating
Aug 12 = mammogram & ultrasound clear....6 years clear
whynow? is offline   Reply With Quote