View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #44
Carolyns

Hi,

I am 50 years old. BC History - 1989 bc stage 2 in left breast CAF & mastectomy, 1999 bc stage 1 in right breast mastectomy and no further treatment, 2003 hysterectomy.

Feb. 06 diagnosed with mets to bone, skin, lymph nodes, chest wall ER+,
PR+ and Her+. Had spinal surgery to replace C6 due to spinal cord compression from cancer.

March 06, Started trial with Femara and Lapatinib (50% chance). Zometa monthly. Skin, chest wall, lymph nodes resolved within a few weeks.

3 month scans showed all except bones resolved but I had progression to liver - 7 tiny spots. Switched to Gemzar and Herceptin for 4 months liver spots down to 3 and described as the size of a few grains of sand. After 4 months we stopped chemo and did 15 treatments of radiation to spine C6 area. The radiation was originally planned for added protection after the surgery after some healing time. Resumed chemo for 1 more month 2 weeks after completion of radiation.

December scans showed only 3 specs on liver and bones show healing activity after initial flare effect. Third week in December switched to loading dose of Faslodex and continuing Herceptin weekly and Zometa monthly. I hope it works and will keep you posted.

Still don't know if I was getting Lapatinib during the trial or not.

Thanks, Carolyns
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote