View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 05:11 PM   #23
Patricia

Thanks everyone for replying to this thread..I am struck by looking at everyone's pathologies at how many of those under 40 at dx were er/pr neg. Does anyone know off the top of their head what the average distribution is across all bc? We can tally ours up after we get all the replies, but it looks higher than I suspected. Also as suspected, a high % of us seem to be grade 3.

To Margerie's question. I have 2 kids, both born over 10 years prior to my dx. I was on bc for the whole time between my kids and dx. Interestingly (or disturbingly depending on your perspective), I was taking the bc with an off label prescription until the Seasonale brand was released. My gyn prescribed me to take it so that I would only have my period 4x/year for the last 4 years because I had debilitating migranes whenever I got my period on the pill. The migrane was caused by withdrawl from the estrogen as I took the placebo. I am now super suspicious of this with regards to higher sustained estrogen levels in my body and my cancer, but I have nothing conclusive as to this. Did anyone else take their bc in this manner prior to being dx?

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote