Thread: Chemobrain
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #4
Peggy

I had one oncologist I went to for a second opinion who said "Some people are concerned about chemobrain - whatever that is. I'm not sure there is such a thing".

In the year since I stopped chemo, I have gotten "lost" twice. I was in the Lowe's garden center (I spend a lot of time in garden centers) and decided it was time to pay for my purchase but couldn't remember how to find the cashier. I had been in this place many, many, many times but all of a sudden I was lost in this store!

About 3 months later I was taking a power walk through my neighborhood. I stopped to retie my shoe and when I stood up, I didn't recognize anything. This was in my own neighborhood where I had lived for almost 15 years!

At first I felt certain this must be a sign of brain mets. But, because it has only happened twice and because the incidents were so far apart, I decided it was chemo brain. I did panic a little at the time these two incidents occured. Now I force myself to stay more aware and pay attention better.

I also find the idea about lack of oxygen interesting.

Peggy in Orlando