View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 06:12 AM   #11
SpitFire

Re: Are blood tests really that important in follow up care?

I have tried to find local support groups and have searched in this forum and others for info about my area. My doctor told me to stay off the internet and not listen to other women with breast cancer because every women is different and I should trust him because he has a lot of years experience. I never should have trusted him. I found out the hard way not to say anything negative about a doctor, no matter how true it is. Facts don't matter to certain people and they will attack you. I should have known better. But I am a truthful person. I'm already at the "best" cancer center in the area. I don't know how to find other nurses that work at different clinics to ask them. I have already exhausted my networking abilities. I am not depressed. I have valid reasons for wanting to change doctors. I love all my other doctors. At my appointments, I get 2 blood tests, they ask how I feel, listen to my lungs and give me a breast exam. I only find value in the blood tests, they comfort me. My other doctor doesn't even believe in follow up blood tests. I like to get them, but do not want to go to my oncologist. I know it is good to have a doctor especially now, but I don't want this doctor treating me, so why would I try to keep him, yet not want to go to him?
Stage IIb
9/2013 TCH
10/2013 TCHP
1/2014 End chemo!
2/2014 Lumpectomy Complete Response
2/2014 - 4/2014 Radiation
9/2014 Last Herceptin
SpitFire is offline   Reply With Quote