View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:40 AM   #8
dhealey

Sherry, I agree with the others you need to tell your brother how you feel. Otherwise it will eat away at you and this is not good for your healing process. A year before I was diagnosised my husband and I bought a house from my father to help him out financially, we gave him a $20,000 downpayment to pay off one of the loans on the house and we took over the house payment. Later the house was foreclosed on as my father took the money and invested it (which he lost) instead of paying off the loan. We didn't know this until we were handed foreclosure papers (he had 2 loans on the house) We tried every way would could to save the house but in the end lost it. I went into a deep depression for about a year. Then my husband and I were able to purchase another house. I was diagnosised with my cancer 1 month later. I vowed never to have anything to do with my father again as I felt the stress from losing the house had something to do with my cancer. I struggled a long time before I finally forgave him. In order for me to heal I needed to clear the hate out of my heart. Please tell your brother how you feel if nothing else it will lighten the load you are carrying in your heart. WE ALL THINK YOU WILL BE AROUND FOR QUITE A WHILE BUT YOU NEED TO HELP YOUR SELF TO HEAL BY GETTING THE "JUNK" OUT OF YOUR LIFE.
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote