View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
Chelee

Hi Cynthia, I am glad you brought this subject up as I just started my chemo two weeks ago. Which it includes Herceptin. My first chemo was Herceptin, Taxotere, and Carbpotin. I did notice that night my nose and throat felt very dried out...but just put it off to all the drugs in my body.

But my 2nd chemo last week was JUST Herceptin alone. I felt ok until I had went to bed and woke up to empty my bladder and my nose was all stuffed up. I could hardly breath it was that plugged. I sounded like I had a heck of a head cold in just a few hours of going to bed. I was FINE earlier before the Herceptin. Then the next morning I woke up to find my that inside my nose was already dried out and getting crusty...that fast!

That was five days ago since I had the Herceptin and believe me...I will be talking to my oncologist this Monday about it. Inside my nose is absolutely killing me. Its so sore. Last night I rinsed it out with some warm water...then opened a brand new chapstick that I knew had no germs on it. (Don't feel like getting sick if I can help it.) Took a Q-Tip and wiped a bunch of chapstick on it and wiped a good amount inside of each nostril before bedtime. It DID help me alot. My nose is not as sore today. But still hurts to try to blow it. But I am going to continue to put more chapstick in there till I see what the oncologist suggests for it.

So your not alone on this one...it IS the Herceptin causing the sinus problems. It has to be. I had NO sinus problems at all until my last chemo of the Herceptin. I was shocked when I woke up that night and sounded like I had one of the worse head colds around. (It happened that fast.)

And from the other posts here I read...seems everyone is experiencing this same thing.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote