Thread: Port Placement
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
Lisa1967

Re: Port Placement

Bonnie,
your post just cracked me up...Tomorrow is my big unavailing, I will post pictures. When I went for consultation with surgeon, I told him I was concerned by what this thing was going to look like sticking out of me like a doorbell. Most of my concern is that nearly every weekend I am attending some gala or likewise function and formal ware tends to be a bit reveiling.....
He touched my chest and said "you don't have enough fat in this area, it will unfortunately protrude" Damn, I have enough fat in all other areas of my body bat wing arms, fat @ss, thunder thighs etc... Just my chest has to have no fat!! Really??
I asked him if there was such thing as a pediatric size port and if that could be used assuming that it would be smaller...he smiled at me and said he didn't think it would be possible.
After surgery when I was in recovery m sister was all smiles...she said to me that everything went well and that Dr. told her he had given me the smaller port.
When I saw the Dr. I am so happy to get the heck out of there, don't you know that I never asked him what my sister meant about him giving me a smaller port??!!
As I said I am still bandaged but when I run my hand over it, it feels like its sticking out a good 1/4 inch.
Lisa1967 is offline   Reply With Quote