Thread: Port Placement
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
YellowTail

Re: Port Placement

Hi again, I just took a photo of where my port is. It was put in Aug. 22 with no complications. It is just above my left breast as I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node on my right side. Just one finger width below the scar the PORT now lives. There is a tube that runs just under my skin up to my collar bone and into my juggler vein. You can not see it unless I tilt my head to the right and the skin tightens. Not sure if I mentioned this prior but I use an Emal patch which I place on top of my skin 1-hour prior to having the treatment which simply numbs the area and I don't feel the needle. It is really remarkable and better on our system as it is the largest vein and the blood flows through it the fastest carrying the meds throughout compared to the smaller veins, that is how my Onc explained it. I hope that photo helps a little, no one can see it on my other than the scar. When people hug me I am very careful and request light hugs no bear hugs please. I hope you can see the photo, if not let me know and I will try to upload it again.

Happy Thanks Giving,
Marlene
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	848  
YellowTail is offline   Reply With Quote