View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #20
jones7676

Location: I live in Christmas, MI - located on the shores of Lake Superior.
Smile xeloda/tykerb

I also had one heck of a fight to get this drug combo. They pulled me off Navelbine/Herceptin because they felt the scans showed that it was not totally effective. Seemed to work on the lung met, but not my bone met. While I was waiting I developed another brain met, which I recently had treated.
It took me 2 1/2 months to get the drugs and a lot of work on the part of a nurse and myself. I have perscription coverage but it only pays up to $500 per month per scrip, so they said I didn't qualify for any of the "indigent" programs. I am on my third round of Xeloda and my second of Tykerb. The Xeloda I finally got is office samples - I never did qualify for any help programs - another program picks up the balance of my Tykerb. The Tykerb Cares program criteria is terrible as far as I am concerned.

I have had very few side effects to the combo except that the Tykerb makes me kind of tired. I am thinking of switching it to at night to alleviate that. I have had a few loose stools but nothing serious.

I have also been through a whole slew of treatments which have not been as effective as I had hoped.

I also feel like giving up sometimes.....WE CAN NOT!

Hang in there! I love your energy and spirit.
jones7676 is offline   Reply With Quote