Thread: Pet Scan
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #19
ayeesha

Re: Pet Scan

HI everyone. I am Ayeesha from the Philippines. My sister, 36 years old,single, was diagnosed with breast cancer, sometime in August 2014 and after one week, underwent mastectomy. It was stage 1 and HER2 positive.She had 6 cycles of chemotherapy, last cycle was last February 6,2015. Her oncologist suggested herciptin but we were not financially ready because it cost a lot here in our country. The onco said ideally it should be given while undergoing chemo but could also be given after the chemo. We are thankful that she survived the 6 cycle of chemo and would like her to be checked if the chemo worke don her. We heard of this CT/PET scan but her onco said it is not really advised for breast cancer patients. She will have her follow up check up on March 3,2015 and will undergo ultrasound and chest xrays and other blood tests. May I ask help from all of you are these the only tests?

May I ask also what are the effects after receiving herciptin? The onco also said it will prevent the cancer cells from recurring up to 50%. Please advise. Thanks.
ayeesha is offline   Reply With Quote