View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 11:38 AM   #6
yankeebikachic

Re: ? about Tykerb Duration

Hey every bit of information helps so thank both of you ladies so much! I am going to Duke and they have a great reputation. I am not sure why I am unable to even try the 3 pills a day, the words 'results would be skewed' were used so I don't know what that means. I called back yesterday to again ask about the dose but waiting to hear back. I wish there was a mid-ground and it wasn't all or nothing approach.
And wow, 6 pills a day is a lot! But she is down to 2 and still doing well. I sort of hate to stop it entirely BUT I'm concerned about the way my body feels after I take it. Like my body is saying something and I hate to not listen. But I'm really scared about stopping it too and my family does not want me to stop either. Sigh. Maybe I'll get some more feedback here.... and search for a second opinion, maybe UNC?
Do you ladies mind telling me if that T is taken on an empty or full stomach as that does affect it's strength.
Sigh maybe a trip north is in order, lol!
11/06 bilateral mastectomy
12/06 begin Rads
1/07 Finished Rad-started H, weekly for one year.
1/08. Finished H, scan showed activity in nodes, Doc says 'not to worry about it' and sends me on my way.
7/08 Scan shows numerous involvement in armpit, also large active nodes in supr. clav.
Doctor refused to give me HER2 meds.
8/08 fired doctor, found another. Started Tykerb/Xeloda. After one round, nodes are shrunk and normal sized!
12/08 NED continue Ty/X
3/09, 6/09, 9/09, 11/09, all scans show NED
Dropping X, continue Tykerb
As of 6/10, 3/11 still negative, continuing Tykerb...
yankeebikachic is offline   Reply With Quote