View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #30
Kkmom

Re: My Wife Rachel Was Just Diagnosed With HER-2+ Breast Cancer (Please Help ...)

Ben,
First of all, what a great husband and partner for your wife in this journey. The regimen you just outlined sounds identical to what I just finished back on May 22. The only difference I had a lumpectomy back in December 2012. My cancer was estrogen +/progesterone + and Her2 neu positive. I have the port (great device - even though I cried the entire time on the day I had it placed), chemo - TCH and I am now about halfway through with radiation.
I did lose all of my hair (but is now slowly growing back), my fingernails are funky looking and yes - as my nurse put it, "TCH is not the hardest chemo drug, but it will kick your butt" - she was 100% correct and then some, but as so many of us have - I made it through.
Even though it is overwhelming right now, you seem to be sorting it out and will be well informed to make the best decision. This discussion board is also a wealth of information and a source of comfort.
Kkmom is offline   Reply With Quote