View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 06:25 AM   #18
NanaJoni

Re: Taxotere Carboplatin Herceptin Side Effects

Good morning Lisa. I had pretty much the same dx and tx that you are doing. The decadron may be why you aren't sleeping too well. I watched a lot of tv through the nights after my treatments but napped during the day. Everyone reacts differently to the chemo and it sounds like you're doing really well. Eating when you can is really important and drink lots of fluid (G-2 which is a lower sugar sports drink is good). The worst days for me usually started on the 3rd or 4th day after treatment. Neulasta is one that may cause a lot of aches in joints and bones - you may want to ask if there is anything you can take to minimize that if it becomes a problem. Some of the side effects may be cumulative and get a little more prounounced as you go along but they do ease the further you are from the treatment. I'm still doing Herceptin until the end of May and it really doesn't seem to effect me at all - just some additional fatigue the week of treatment. My taste was out of whack for about 3 months after I stopped having the TC part of the TCH - popsicles and sherbert were what helped me with appetite. If I ate something cold and sweet, it seemed to help with increasing my appetite. You'll do great-just rest when you need to and let people help you as much as possible. Treatments and healing from surgery are very hard work. And please keep us informed of how you are doing.
3/24/10:sent.node biopsy clear
3/31/10:bi-lateral mx.;atypical ductal hyperplasia-lft side
4/21/10:wound revision-infection/scarring 4/28/10:seromas both sides
5/21/10:port installed,TCH chemo (6 x 3 wks); Herc,-1yr; 33 rad tx after chemo
07/2010: port not working-2nd port didnt'work;3rd port opposite side.
07/2010: 2 weeks after 3rd port surgery, threw 3 pulm. emboli-IVC filter installed; warfarin
08/2010: hospitalizations w/3 of chemos; decision to stop after 4th-on to radiation in Oct 2010;Herc cont.
12/03/2010 - finished 33 rads Hooray!! cont. Herc. every 3 wks
4/2011 - pneumonia ??? Nope-radiation pneumonitis. No more Herc.
5/2011 - NED!!! port out.
8/2011 - clean PET & CT scans.Still NED
7/2012 - Still NED/very blessed.
2/2013 - 6 mos checkup-all clear. CA2729 down frm 13 to 11.
NanaJoni is offline   Reply With Quote