View Single Post
Old 02-17-2011, 05:40 AM   #17
lisagh

Re: Taxotere Carboplatin Herceptin Side Effects

Had TCH yesterday. Slept fine but woke up 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. Had IV Aloxi and Emend and will be on steroids until tomorrow. Feel that's when it'll get tough. Also get my first neulasta today & will take my claritin this am for that.

Overall better than I thought still. My mouth feels bland- not metallic- just like nothing has any taste. Drinking ok- will try to eat b/f I take my decadron- maybe some cream of wheat or something like that. My lower stomach/intestine area feel 'sore' not diarrhea- just sore. I think I'll take pepcid for that too this am.

Going to try to work a bit today. Feel that when the IV meds and decadron stop tomorrow, might be worse then than now as well as the neulasta potential effect.

Glad TCH one behind me- 5 more to go- and of course the weekly herceptin. Didn't have any reaction to that- the IV premed benadryl and 2 po tylenol were given before- they said they only do that w/ first herceptin dose.

Good luck to others- and any/all words of wisdom from those more experienced to me are welcome and appreciated.