View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 08:04 AM   #34
Sandra in GA

Re: New Proposed Changes to Mammogram Guidelines

I sincerely am sorry for your lose. I lost my husband of 35 years to glioblastoma. I appreciate your research and respect your perspective. Since being diagnosed July, 2008 with breast cancer I have also been reading, researching, and trying to digest volumns of information. I sincerely believe that knowledge is power.
I was not supposed to get this disease. I have NO family history, did not smoke, or otherwise abuse my body. I did have to have my uterus and ovaries removed when I was 29 and had been on harmone replacement all these years. Imagine my surprise when my cancer was negative to estrogen. At first I assumed I had done this to myself. Then I began to learn about HER2+ breast cancer and joined this forum. Being a registered nurse, an educator, and past Director of Nurses of a nursing home, I do know that quality of life important. However, with as much life as I still have within me, I do not want that to be an excuse to not receive life giving treatments.
Respectfully,
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote