View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 11:43 AM   #3
Dakini52

Re: Keen to hear from long term survivors grade 3 er+

I was diagnosed HER2+++, neg on ER and PR. I have been on Herceptin alone now for almost 5 years now and NED. I was put on the Herceptin in late 2010 due to a local recurrence that was spotted on my scan. My onc is only now encouraging perjeta so as long as you keep getting the Herceptin at least for now you could be just fine. I would just be sure they are doing regular scans to rule out recurrence.
Diagnosed June, 2006 HER2+++, ER- PR-, Grade 3, Stage IIB. Modified radical mastectomy, radiation, chemo, Herceptin, Tykerb 1 year. [*]In remission until 2/2010. Small tumor detected on chest wall during routine scan. 2/2010 surgery to remove tumor, started Herceptin/Tykerb, follow up radiation. [*]12/26/2010 - Off Tykerb due to allergic reaction[*]12/16/2014 - Have continued on Herception for almost 5 years now and remain NED. Discussion with onc re adding Perjeta to the Herceptin as another way of preventing recurrence. Still in discussion phase. 12/26/14 Onc applying for approval for Perjeta.
Perjeta approved and I received one infusion. It had an immediate impact to my lungs and I experienced difficulty breathing so.....I'm going to be sticking with just Herceptin. Still looking for a good vaccine program to enroll in.

Debbie K
Dakini52 is offline   Reply With Quote