View Single Post
Old 02-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
jml

2nd PTH yesterday...and now discovery of heart arrythmia

Hi Friends~
Already feeling nervous with how the side effects of this 2nd cycle are going to effect me - but at least I know now to vigilantly hydrate, keep eating in spite of mouthsores, have Magic Mouthwash and Ulcerease, and getting Neulasta today to help my WBC's stay up, & keep me out of the hospital!
As I was getting my infusion yesterday, I asked my nurse to check my pulse/heart rate because I was feeling some fluttering, as I have for short intervals in the recent couple of days. On those occassions I thought I was having a little anxiety, so took an Ativan and went to sleep.
But I thought it was important that someone else have hands on, and when she took my pulse, she concurred that she was feeling an arrythmia.
So they rolled and EKG down to me in the infusion center, confirmed an abnormal read, and took it to the cardiologist.
On preliminary investigation, they think it's a Type II heart block (Wenkeboch block), if this is all it is it won't require intervention, but could require a pacemaker if more serious. OH PLEASE NO!
So going back today for an Echo (last one on 12/14 was normal, but that was before the chest radiation - don't know if they're related, but we'll find out soon enough.)
Just want to settle into my treatment, awful SE's an all. At least I know what to expect with that, but this new heart issue is frightening and disappointing.
I want to push on, but now feeling so fearful about every little thing that could pop up & go wrong.
Hair's almost already all gone - started falling out on day 10. Strangely relieved to not have to suffer the stinging scalp for now, but I'm sure it'll be back to finish the last bit of fuzz/hair that I do have left.

Any one else with experience with atrial fibrillations? Any feed back will be helpful~

Keeping the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote