Thread: Need input!
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2016, 04:48 PM   #24
Juls

Re: Need input!

Hi Ann
Thanks for your reply. I really don't know what to think or do at the moment.
Yesterday at hospital was a bit strange. My usually very decisive Nurse - indecisive. They just keep repeating that things like this happen all the time. Not very reassuring!
I can ask for my reports but not freely given. Funnily enough my Nurse has taken to reading them out fully to me. Never did this before.
Re bone lesion - size not mentioned - but reckon femur is the problem as pelvis lesion not being mentioned very often.
Thanks for input re Xeloda. I was not sure if it was any good. The decision to give me it took no time - I felt that it was dished out without much thought. Also I am strongly ER+ but Femara removed immediately & this concerns me.

Rads have not been mentioned so far but Orthopaedic Surgeon has. I am concerned that femur lesion is already a problem as leg been a bit uncomfortable. Not sure if there is a proton centre here. Only a few centres in Scotland & not sure if each centre has all types of rad treatment.
I was originally diagnosed as strongly triple +. Could have changed.
Can you help me with - "your body is pointed in that direction in its response" Not sure I follow?
Have been asking questions & been forthright in my approach - not sure they like this. My Nurses parting comment was "I know your not happy with us at the moment." Said not personal but very disappointed that lesions missed in Ct's ,5 times! They spent 3 years looking at a tiny mark on my back that was not cancer (to the point of being fixated on it) and in this last report actually wrote not connected. Wish they had spent as much time studying all scans as they did on this tiny mark.

Now having a problem with dental treatment and Zometa. Nurse scared to give me it yesterday as root treatment to be done in next week. Dentist totally confident about doing it. Had to leave hospital yesterday without having 1st IV of Zometa. In a no win situation.
Any help/thoughts etc much appreciated.
I seem to be moving back a step every time.
Juls
Juls is offline   Reply With Quote