View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #43
IrvineFriend

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

I have really utilized the resources that were identified on this post, so thank you so much Paula for starting this.

I received my cancer cup today and it really was a nice moment in my work day to see a package on my desk. It contained a very pretty teacup and saucer, a teabag, an angel to carry in my pocket or purse and a handwritten note. Nice thing to see and open after coming out of a heated meeting at work.

I've also signed up for the housecleaning and that will take a few weeks to see if they can match me up. I'm also getting rides to Dr. appts through the ACS (I'm not driving) and I'm signed up for the looking good feeling better class on 2/4.

I do believe finding ways to treat myself or experience joy is going to help me beat this thing. So for all those that contributed to this post, especially Paula, my day is quite a bit better by your taking time out to send this out to the group.

Thank you!!

-Julie

Diagnosed with DCIS Oct. 2012

Bilateral Dec. 19, 2012
IDC, ER/PR-, Her2+++, Grade 3
Stage IIIa
15.6 cm
4/14 nodes + macrometastases
First thing each morning, I try on my bathing suit. Then, nothing worse can happen the rest of the day.
IrvineFriend is offline   Reply With Quote