View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 06:42 AM   #15
judylondon

Re: Important re Tykerb alone in Adjuvant setting

Hi everyone

This is my first post. I only found the site yesterday.

I am on the ALLTO trial - lapatanib/tykerb only arm - and have only just been informed of the current situation. I was really surprised to see that GK released the info at the beginning of September, though at my hospital, they are only now informiing the patients and offering a year's worth of herceptin.
I finished taking the lapatanib pills 18 months ago so this feels like a massive step back. I have to attend the chemo ward to get the infusion. I know that I'm in a lucky position compared to many as I am still clear and also qualify for herceptin. But can't help feeling v. low. Since hearing, I've started getting breast pains and odd lumps again ...definitely psychosomatic. I thought I'd finally put it all behind me, even started writing about the experience, which I haven't been able to do up to now and then this...! Sorry for the moan. I'm sure you'll understand.
I'm interested to hear others reaction to herceptin before I commit to it. Thanks in advance.
Also apologies in advance if I'm using the board wrongly. I'm finding it slightly complicated.
judylondon is offline   Reply With Quote