View Single Post
Old 04-13-2005, 05:12 PM   #46
Celina

I've told myself that I will put aside some time on the weekend to look over all these replies...I often think of the many women on this site and wonder how they are doing. I haven't posted much lately, but I've certainly been reading.
My sister is no longer on chemo for the moment. She had a most difficult time with Navelbine..severe ab pain. Xeloda proved to be no better as she had severe diarreha and peeling of the skin in her mouth. My parents and my other sister took her to Florida for 3 weeks...was a good place to help in the recovery from her brain radiation. She's still week and losing so much weight. It's been 2 months (almost since radiation). Is this normal?
The last scan indicated reduction in her liver and bone tumors...she continues to have Herceptin every three weeks. Doctors have ordered another battery of tests to see how things are going, especially since she's had no chemo for over a month now. If things remain stable, she will continue with herceptin; if things have progressed, she will try Xeloda again..on a lower dose.
She still remains positive, as we all do.