View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:01 AM   #8
Razz

Clexane and Tamoxifen Incompatibility

I had an infusaport inserted in my left side in February which had been accessed three times without any adverse effects for early onset estrogen positive, Her/2 neu positive breast cancer. Then after being accessed for the fourth time my arm became achy (like I had slept on it for too long), swollen and different in colour (red and blotchy) to my right arm. Investigations into these symptoms revealed a clot in my interior jugular and subsequent treatment with self administered Clexane injections. Mistakenly I thought my biggest worry from this would be the clot moving to my lung. (Well maybe it is!!) However discussions with my oncologist revealed another worry…I was about to commence Tamoxifen which doesn’t react well with Clexane. Three options were offered to me to deal with this (I won’t bore you with all of these details). After listening and trying to digest all three, I asked my oncologist what she felt would be my best course of action, this was ovary removal! I was wondering if anyone has had this faced this dilemma and all of the associated side effects, not the least being rapid onset menopause at 45.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote