View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #16
kiwigirl

Location: Matakana which is one hour north of Auckland, New Zealand.
Re: Really bad Brain MRI

Hi All

I really want to thank you all for you help. Its been a huge week. My Pet scan was really good all clear from head down. BUT i had had bone mets in my collar bone and spine. For some reason these have died and the bones are healing. The pet scan showed this but my ct did not.

Anyway they have pulled my certificate to fly I have to much edema and they don't want me to go. I'm not on Decadron yet but thinks i will need it two to three weeks. I'm going to try a higher does of boswella first.

So now i have to cancel all my bookings and my poor girls don't get there trip they have been really, really been looking forward to.

I also changed Onc yesterday and found one who will put me on tykerb and xeloda. This is not in our system yet so I'll have to pay. My Radiation Onc did work at Dana Ferber for a while and once i track him down is very good. He is to concerned about all of my edema and narcosis for gamma.

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for so much help luv and support prey's you are a great team and i really do thank you.

For now i sit at home and wait and try to stop these dam growths.

Luv
Jacqui xx
March 2010 continued on Herception untill 16 Dec 2010
May 2010 Ultra Sound .... ALL CLEAR... NED
August 2010 started vaccine trial University of Washington
7th Dec 2010 finished vaccine trial
20th Dec 2010 Port removed
3rd Feb no longer ned brain mets
23r Feb start VMAT radiation
August 2011 two new mets to brain and others starting to grow again !!!!
August start tykerb and xeloda
Dec 1 MRI all small brain mets gone. Largest shrunk by 50% only three small ones to go 17mm,8mm,6mm. Mets on there way out. Yeah
kiwigirl is offline   Reply With Quote