Thread: Her2 +++
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 09:02 AM   #9
Rolepaul

Re: Her2 +++

TDM-1 is Herceptin conjugated (chemically bound to) Mayastine. Mayastine is too toxic to be given IV. When tied to the Herceptin (which only binds to Her+ receptors on the cancer cells) can deliver the Mayastine directly to the cancer cells with less side effects. Herceptin is a Monoclonal Antibody (MAb) that is derived from taking Her+ cell proteins and fusing them with mammalian cells to make a cell line that makes the proteins called Monoclonal Antibodies. I did some of the first work on diagnostic MAbs back in the mid 1980s. I also did some of the first work on conjugation at the same time. So yes I do know what I am talking about. I followed HER + going to the brain after Nov 2009 when my wife Nina was found to have it. I get information that others cannot. I am not as knowledgeable about Xeloda and Tykerb as others in the pharm industry, but I am not bad. GSK corporate is 15 miles down the road and Tykerb was developed there. I have talked to the development team face to face. I think I can provide good information to those that want it. As for the French 5% brain mets for BC, the most current thought is 30% for HER+. Please test for it early as the ablve articles all attribute success to early intervention.

Paul
Rolepaul is offline   Reply With Quote