View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 AM   #11
julierene

I sure appreciate all the responses. I haven't done Zometa yet. I think Abraxane could be approved pretty easily, for today, we will just use the Taxol.

With Herceptin/Carbo/Taxol I didn't loose much of my hair. But this onc seems to think I will loose it all. I asked him to look at the dosage of what I had last time, and he said it was a light dose. Why does he think it would work any better or worse dependant on the dose? If it is going to work, I would think it wouldn't work any better by adding more. It worked in the past with smaller doses, why try and load me to the point where I will have trouble and might miss doses? I really fought with him on this, and he doesn't seem to want to budge. Isn't it my choice if I want the light or heavy dose? It's not really about vanity, it's about the fact that it worked like a charm in 3 months with the light dose. I had blood count issues too, so they decreased amounts due to that. If he loads me down, I will get low counts and likely miss doses. I don't know how to convince him, or what my rights are.

I will think about my guy in that light too. Maybe I am what he needs. He hasn't been interested in dating anyone in a long time, got close to marrying 2 times, and just seems to kinda given up on it. He's very private, so for him to be opening up to me, it's very special. Maybe I am the one to help him in his journey to opening up and not giving up. If I can have a relationship in my situation, there is no excuse for him - LOL! He's cute, has a sense of humor, has his life so nicely settled, has loads of common sense, a wonderful work ethic ... nothing like my ex... I just find him refreshing and fun to be around. Just yesterday, I shy'ed away from a long hug, and realized what I had done. He told me to stop, and to let him get close, so I guess he really does. It's so hard to believe that my ex gave up on me after 11/12 years of marriage... and someone new, can come along and be stronger of a man in a week. Maybe it's about the charachter and soul? Maybe I overthink? I just find myself in awe and I honestly don't get it. I just enjoy the time.

Anyway, does everyone loose their hair on Herceptin/Carbo/Taxol?
Aug 04: 4 Taxotere
Dec 05: Bone and Liver METS; Stage 4. Carboplatin/Taxol/Herceptin. DX with Li-Fraumeni Syndrome
Apr 06: NED, maintenance Herceptin
Apr 07: CA1503=14; masses in liver; Xeloda/Tykerb
Nov 07: NED, Tykerb maintenance
Sept 08: Liver mets again, on Tykerb/Xeloda again, CA=19 and 27
Nov 08: Progression, Tykerb/Gemzar, CA=25
Dec 08: Progression, Herceptin/Navelbine, CA=40, 57, and 130
Jan 09: Progression in bone, recession in liver, Herceptin/Carbo/Abraxane CA=135
June 09: CA27/29=24, chemo break
Sept 09: Progression, CA=24, waiting on clinical trial (4 weeks no treatment)
Nov 09: now have brain mets, trial "on hold", getting 14 WBR treatments starting 11/2/09
Dec 09: possible start on p53 trial
julierene is offline   Reply With Quote