View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #13
Aussie Girl

Re: Is there any Holiday Hope?

Dear Linn

I'm glad to hear about your son and also your attitude, despite having so much happen in too short a time. I think you have more strength than you know and the wisdom to look for the good which is the essential thing in life. You definitely need time to heal in spirit. Wait to see how the job thing pans out.

I think it is very good to vent the horrible feelings that build up and that particular feeling that everyone wants to be deaf to your actual experience especially "now it's over" is one everyone on this site understands.

I am an introvert so I like to vent in safe places, usually to myself only, with edited versions to safe people like my mum and sisters. I am not above a bit of drama though, so screaming and banging doors or ripping up photos are all options, but I keep it a solo performance. The ridiculousness of it really helps. My friend had so much anger towards "the bitch who stole her boyfriend" that I gave her a Bratz doll to deface and traumatize at will and then to throw in the bin. In private you can do anything, public confrontation requires a very different approach!

As to talking to the people who upset me, I always give that time and wait for wisdom and control to come back. I work out what the experience is teaching me about myself first. I work out whether these people are really part of my life now and whether they are worth the worry. If they are important people who are going to people in my life and who I can see are of good heart underneath it all, I'll make an effort to develop better relations with them (carefully).

I don't do that for the turkeys who are either cruel, stupid, stuck in their limited vision etc. I limit my time with them, I'm polite and keep I keep my own dignity. I don't respond to barbs and I get rid of them and forget them as soon as possible.

I used to think I had to make my peace with everyone no matter what, but that was a manifestation of my own insecurity and maybe my idealism, not reality. I work on forgiving them in my heart so I can let go of bitterness, but I save my efforts for productive relationships and new horizons.

You can tell I'm someone whose head controls her heart now. No doubt others are more comfortable with raging emotion than me.

As for extra comfort, someone sent me this link on Facebook. It's a talk by a photographer. It's about 10 minutes. Stay with it because halfway through, he shows part of his new project about happiness which reminds us of the best way to deal with each new day.

http://www.upworthy.com/clear-your-n...ur-entire-week

love and peace

Aussie Girl
17 June '13: Screen detected impalpable mass, Mammogram neg, US.
25 June '13: Diagnosed after multiple biopsies and MRIs
28 June '13: Left lumpectomey
4 July '13: Left Mastectomy
12 August '13: Commenced TCH chemo
Mid December '13 : TCH finished. Herceptin continuing three weekly.
4 August 2014- Herceptin infusions finished.
END OF THERAPY - YAY!
Aussie Girl is offline   Reply With Quote