View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 05:33 PM   #12
Chelee

Re: OK my opinion...Like it or not

Maybe this is more of a sore subject for me personally because of how I was raised...and the example my Mother was. My Dad died of a massive heart attack at age 36. That left my Mother alone to raise 3 kids. (Her life was anything but easy.) Her first and only priority was to her kids. She never went out dating...or looking for someone new. Her only focus was taking care of her kids. She told me she didn't want strange men around her kids...she didn't believe in that.

That doesn't mean I agree with it. In fact as years went by I always wished she would of went out to met someone new. She should of, could of...but didn't. She said my Dad was the only one for her and she would never remarry. (and she didn't...and that makes me sad.) I think she missed out on so much...but she tells me she was happy with her choices. You must remember...she was old school. Things are so different now. My Mother was a stay at home Mom and she was always there for us kids...in fact too much. lol She got by on very little but I never wanted for anything...I thought I had it all. Her sisters & brothers all told her she should go out and meet someone as we kids got older. She just never did. As I was much older I'd see men hit on her in the grocery store and other places...but she just smiled and went on with our day. She loved my Father and when he passed away that seemed to be it for her. There is no doubt my Dad wouldn't of wanted my Mother to find someone new "in time". But she said she had 3 kids to protect and raise...and that she did. Kind of sad...but that goes back to maybe this is why this subject rubs me the wrong way. Her kids came first over everything. My Mother truly was one in a million....I was so blessed.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote