View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 05:51 PM   #298
laura4252

Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

I like that.....You can beat Her2---We need to hear more stories about this.
2005 I was diagnosed Stage 0, Her2+++, PR & ER-. Lumpectomy, radiation to right breast.
2009 March Metastisized, small pea size lump. "poorly differentiated invasive ductal carcinoma" Recommended mastectomy, Herceptin one year, 4 months chemo. Oct.- Feb 2010 I decide Herceptin only (allergic to Taxotere).No mastectomy
2010 Feb-Oct off Herceptin Metastisized to left lung Oct-March 2011 back on Herceptin
2011 Herceptin "not cutting it" Lung lesions persist so tried several targeted chemos: Tykerb(Lapatinib) 6 weeks, tummy upset so stopped.
2012 Moderate propgression lungs/chest wall January-April Xeloda (foot blisters)April: Navelbine May: Port installed right boob bright red. Sept decide to consider mastectomy Start Gemzar to reduce tumors in right breast. Scheduled surgery for Dec. TDM1 approved so decided to try that.
2013 TDM1- Excellent response till June, then breaking through TDM1. PET/CT show mixed response
2014 Tried Seattle trial- did not qualify. Last TDM1 Feb. No treatment Feb to now. PET/CT June shows breast clear, right lung clear, left lung lesions persist. Deciding whether to try Abraxzane- Have not wanted to lose my hair or remove my breast since 2005-right breast, original site, has no detectable cancer. What to do, what to do???? There are no easy answers, so we all just feel our way through this journey called "LIFE." That's my story- I still hope for NED, and I really like hearing that YOU CAN BEAT HER2!!"
laura4252 is offline   Reply With Quote