Thread: Who We Are
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 09:57 AM   #28
sarah

Re: Who We Are

Hello,
My husband and I were filmmakers, mainly making documentaries and music films. He directs, we co-write, co-produce and I edited. I retired in '99 when I was first diagnosed because editing was too time consuming for me to continue and soon after that we moved to the south of France and changed our life completely and haven't regretted it.
we love to travel, garden, read. We've been married forever and he's been great through all my illnesses.
Yesterday we and our rescue dog, a griffon, (photo) drove to Italy and had lunch there. Love this life.
After my recurrence in 2004, I was hesitant to make plans too far out but over the last several years (even whle still getting Herceptin) we decided to travel widely and have traveled all over Asia and still continuing to travel.
What's nice about this thread is how everyone has taken control of their life and living it well, hopefully we can all continue to do so.
health and happiness
sarah
I forgot to mention that along with a psychologist and chemo nurse, I helped found a Cancer Support Group for Anglophones in Mougins in the south of France, we are now celebrating our 3rd year and hope to continue to help people here. We all speak fluent French as well and have French members, Dutch, Chilean, German, Canadian (me), Danish, English and American. Our temp website is:
www.csg06.therivierawoman.com

Last edited by sarah; 12-08-2012 at 01:06 AM..
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote