Thread: Who We Are
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #22
chrisy

Re: Who We Are

I forgot to reply to this post before..

I'm Chris.

Always first on the list because of quantity of time spent...but not the most important in the big picture...

I am a top executive at the most sought after skateboard company in the world!
I know these posts are limited in size, and I have much else to say, so I will have to spare the details. Personal details about my job include loving working with a smart, dynamic and much younger workforce who are gracious enough to laugh when I tell them I'm old enough to be their mother. I get to manage the greatest teams in the company, who have done so well during my current absence from work, that it proves they are amazing people and the I must be a good manager, right? Actually, working where I do has been the greatest blessing in my life - another "destiny" move. My 2 bosses - the owner and the president of the company have been supportive of me over the past 10 years of this sucky cancer thing, in ways that cannot be described. The way I choose to describe it is, I found true love in the workplace. From my bosses, staff, co-workers, and associates. I know I am very very lucky.

Now to those who SHOULD claim more than they get

I'm married to the man to whom I was his college sweetheart when we were in college...although I didn't realize we were dating and certainly didn't realize he was my destiny until about 12 years, with ZERO contact, and 2000 miles later! Living my life with John was truly my destiny, I guess we both just needed to be ready! He is my rock, my lover, my best friend, the one who keeps me laughing and makes me smile every day.

My hero is my sister. She would say "no, YOU" and we'd go on like that for days. She's th ultimate super mom, raising my beautiful almost 16 year old niece all on her own, while generously giving her time not just to my niece, but to just about anyone who asks. My wish for her has long been that she give more time to herself, but I have come to realize that maybe her gift is to be that person who always unselfishly gives and wish I was as generous by even half.

My goal in life is to be the worlds greatest aunt. It makes me sad to realize I may not have time to be there for all the milestones in my nieces life, so full of promise! But I still want to, and to have her know I am always there for her, and to help her become the wonderful person she is destined to be.

The hardest thing for me is that my sister and niece live 2000 miles away, so I miss the casual, normal moments that bring lives together. I really miss shopping with my sister (nobody else can laugh at fitting room follies like we can!) aNd especially just hangin out. How bout comin over for BBQ Sunday?

Whoa!, you now know more about me than my analyst, if I had one! But I guess you already do anyhow.
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure

Last edited by chrisy; 06-05-2012 at 06:22 PM..
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote