View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 11:07 PM   #11
harrie

Sue, hi...its me again....
I really like that pic on your avatar of you, your mom and your brother. You seem to look a lot like your mother!
Anyways, its normal to have your up and down days. I am glad to hear that you are working hard with your goals and ambitions. I am sure you make your parents proud and in that respect you are doing your part well in supporting your family.
I know your mom must have her good and bad days, but for her to go to sleep at night knowing her kids are doing well with their lives is VERY comforting. That in itself I am sure helps her get through her difficult times.
When my mom was having her hard times and would be in the hospital, I remember very well that feeling of flying over to where she lives, walking into the house and knowing she is not there. It can be tough. But do remember, she is in very good hands. I know you are very smart and caring young woman and so I would presume your parents are also very smart and are very capable of staying on top of all her medical concerns and making sure the very best decisions are being made.
Take care. Please feel free to email me if you like.
Much aloha,
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote