View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #23
bailey

Andrea - I was on Effexor in 2003 when my cancer mets to lung and liver but I weaned myself off last year - it's an antidepressant and I wanted off - it did help with my hot flashes but I really have not had them the last number of months anyway - I am 54. I have been researching acidic/alkaline foods in the body and found it to be so interesting. I have had some heartburn issues - now on nexium or prilosec but in my research found that when you are sick and on meds your body tends to be very acidic when it should be balanced and preferably towards the alkaline so I'm eating things like lemon and watermelon that you would think would be acidic but when ingested are actually alkaline. Also, I take a tsp. of baking soda with water about 5 times/day to help with heartburn and all this seems to be working somewhat. Also pineapple. They recommend mostly vegies and fruit and actually recommend eating 80% alkaline foods and 20% alkaline foods till your body neutralizes then you can eat 60 alk. and 40 acidic - it seems to be working somehow. Also, the bananas are awesome for potassium and a million other things. Yogurt with acidopholus is important . Right now my stomach continues to be hit and miss - I'm not sure what to eat . So much diarhea - I'm afraid to eat too much vegies and salads as it'll make it worse - I don't know what to do.
If anyone else has more info. plse. forward. Also, what is this N-Wobenzym you mention?
Help help - thanks
Hugs,
Bailey
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote