View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Hopeful

Becky,

I have done a lot of reading on the effect of PR status combined with Her2 status, and the conclusion I have seen drawn many times is that the ER+/PR- Her2+ pheonotype is more aggressive than PR+/ER- (rare, but it occurs) and ER+/PR+ Her2+ bc. I have copies of these articles but not where I am writing from at the moment and dashed if I can find the references when I want them. I will go through my other files and pull them for you if you are interested.

From your post, I gather you have read some of the research on PR- and Tamoxifen resistance, which is not the research I am referring to, but has a lot of info about the effects of ER+/PR- and Her2+.
I can provide a link to a recent abstract that concludes that ER+PR- breast cancer is growth factor dependent and constitutes a unique subgroup of ER+ patients which may be more likely to benefit from EGFR inhibition: http://meeting.jco.org/cgi/content/a...4/18_suppl/514; are the authors any of the people you spoke to at ASCO?

I would also like to thank you for the insightful comments you always provide and the terrific gift you have for translating complex techinical information into language that a lay person can understand.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote