View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 AM   #24
Lien

Re: Haven't been on this board for nearly 3 years

I don't have enough swear words to convey my feelings. I am so sorry. CoolBreeze is right; she needs to deal with this in her own way. When my mother was dying of cancer, people were telling her to stay positive, not give up hope etc. She told me that made her feel very lonely, because she seemed to be the only one to accept that she was dying.She needed to get everything prepared for her death. Then she felt better and was able to live and enjoy the months that were left. She had a relatively good quality of life, after we all accepted where she was emotionally, mentally and physically. She needed to stay away from people who were in denial, because it cost her too much energy to be with them.

Having said that, there's a good chance that your daughter will live for years, but it is up to her how she wants to deal with this.

As a mom, I know this is the hardest thing to accept. I have seen one of my kids suffer from complex regional pain syndrome, which is very painful and can result in amputation of a limb. It is not deadly ofcourse. But the fear and anguish I felt for my 11 year old was so intense I couldn't breathe sometimes. I can only imagine that it must be so much harder for you. My parents lost my brother at 18, my grandmother lost her son at 20. I've seen what it did to them. We should not survive our children.

This is not just about your daughter, this is also about you, about how you deal with this indescribably sad and painful part of your life. Please feel free to come here for yourself, for your feelings, for help dealing with this, we are here for you. Just as we are here with practical info.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote