View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:42 AM   #9
Joan M

Re: Need your input about treatment

Yes, even though some of us are holding steady, we still tend to worry anyway. Well, at least I'll be getting the PET/CT and bone scans in early January.

Like most of us, I tend to worry about aches and pains. About two months ago my lower back started to hurt me, but I've had bad back pain before. Then just before the breast cancer conference in San Antonio in early December, I started having severe left hip pain to the point of being almost unable to walk or sleep, and I was limping around in San Antonio. I'm still having pain there but it's 80% improved (and I never rest it). My oncologist thinks it's perhaps bursitis, but she's going to check with a bone scan. Also, I had taken a red-eye from Phoenix to Philadelphia about a week before the symposium and was trying to sleep in all kinds of weird positions using the empty seat in the middle. And the hip pain started less than two days afterward. I guess I'm not as young as I used to be ...

I'll let you know the scan results. And good luck everybody whose having scans in January! It's like we're all waiting until after the holidays in December and the new year to get scanned!

Joan
Diagnosed stage 2b in July 2003 (2.3 cm, HER2+, ER-/PR-, 7+ nodes). Treated with mastectomy (with immediate DIEP flap reconstruction), AC + T/Herceptin (off label). Cancer advanced to lung in Jan. 2007 (1 cm nodule). Started Herceptin every 3 weeks. Lung wedge resection April 2007. Cancer recurred in lung April 2008. RFA of lung in August 2008. 2nd annual brain MRI in Oct. 2008 discovered 2.6 cm cystic tumor in left frontal lobe. Craniotomy Oct. 2008 (ER-/PR-/HER2-) followed by targeted radiation (IMRT). Coughing up blood Feb. 2009. Thoractomy July 2009 to cut out fungal ball of common soil fungus (aspergillus) that grew in the RFA cavity (most likely inhaled while gardening). No cancer, only fungus. Removal of tiny melanoma from upper left arm, plus sentinel lymph node biopsy in Feb. 2016. Guardant Health liquid biopsy in Feb. 2016 showed mutations in 4 subtypes of TP53. Repeat of Guardant Health biopsy in Jana. 2021 showed 3 TP53 mutations, BRCA1 mutation and CHEK2 mutation. Invitae genetic testing showed negative for all of these. Living with MBC since 2007. Stopped Herceptin Hylecta (injection) treatment in March 2020. Recent 2021 annual CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis and annual brain MRI showed NED. Praying for NED forever!!
Joan M is offline   Reply With Quote