View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #15
kymelody

I began losing hair on A/C treatments at about day 17 -- it was falling out to the point I just had my husband shave it off. I had some growth before the last of those treatments, but it was funny feeling, almost sore and it fell out again anyway. I have 5 treatments of Taxol/Herceptin remaining and just now have a little hair growth (about a 1/2 in of white down feeling hair). Maybe it will hang on and continue to grow ???
Have almost totally lost lashes (gone on bottom, few remain on top) and very thinning eyebrows. I can pretty much draw in the brows and fade them out with a brush. They were such a light color anyway, losing them hasn't been that noticable. But I sure miss my lashes and they look pretty pitiful trying to put mascara on them when you can almost count them individually !! Thank God for eyeliner. Uncle Fester anyone ???
I am ready to have my hair back ...... 3 months of being bald is longer than I would have ever imagined it could be.
I switch it up -- some days its a wig, some days its a hat, some days a scarf ... I am all for making a fashion statement, and I am thankful for the most part its been winter, but now that spring is here, I would really like to have hair !!!
5 cm tumor
Lumpectomy 11-1-06 (margins not clear)
er/pr- Her2+++
13/27 lymph nodes
4 dd A/C completed 1-12-07
12 Taxol completed 4-20-07 + Herceptin 1 yr
Mastectomy 5-15-07
38 Rads Begin 6-13-07
Completed Herceptin 2-08
kymelody is offline   Reply With Quote