View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 08:30 PM   #10
Tricia

Smile

LittleLegos (cute name)

I wish you the best with your choice of treatment!! I had taxol/Herceptin first and I was getting every three weeks.... after the first dose right before the next one...my hair was gone...it started thinning really bad and then within two days it was coming out in clumps....and was gone. My husband and I said a prayer and then he shaved it off... I had wigs already purchased and my friends gave me a hat and scarf party... and I really thought I was going to struggle with being bald..... But the losing it was the roughest part.... and I rarely even wear my wigs now... I am beautifully bald... wink wink. As for side affects... I had a tiny bit of nausea VERY DOABLE..... and then my Onc went to a Meeting at UCLA and took me as a case study since I was only 31 with stage 3b and no family history....they suggested Carboplatin/Herceptin/Taxotere and it about kills me for the first 7-10 days after treatment... But I can't feel the tumor anymore and it was 7cm wrapped around my rib cage and into my chest wall..... so bad when they went to do a lumpectomy it was everywhere and so they closed me up and said that they couldnt do anything else except do pre-op chemo to try to shrink it to give me the best chance at clear margins. So I have taken more advice from the ladies here than anywhere.... I do they yucky TCH and I take all the meds to help me get through and I write and read on here and I make it one day at a time.... and Now which is amazing to me...I only have one more chemo March 26..... that is my last pre-op chemo and then surgery in mid/late April. SO good luck and God bless and KNOW you can do it. God gives us so much. Cancer has changed my life and honestly in a lot of good ways.... No one wants it and no one deserves it but we as strong women find the strength, courage and the heart to fight on...and be there for the ones that come after us.
er+/pr- her2 +++ Stage 3b
several tumors
largest 7cm
port placed on Jan 18, 2007
Chemo started Jan 22, 2007
Herceptin/ Taxol every 3d week and then my Dr changed me to Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin
every 3d week
Right Mastectomy w/ Lymph Node Dissection 4/19/07
27 removed 9 positive
Margins-clear but wall to wall
Radiation scheduled for 6/07
Tricia is offline   Reply With Quote