View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 07:56 PM   #7
jessica

TH-my "magic" cocktail~

I have a strange LOVE & FONDNESS for Taxol+Herceptin
I was on the dose-dense (qweekly) dosage too. I had been on other chemo combos for 8 mos prior, but it's the TH combo that got me to NED the 1st time, Then w/each recurrence, it was TH again, that led me back to NED again & again.
The side effects were very tolerable, but I did lose my hair. Very predictably, on day 21 after the 1st dose. And it hurt! I know a lot of the other ladies here can corroborate on this lesser known fact. My scalp was so sore & sting-y right before my hair fell out. It was sore right when it started to grow back too, but that was a welcomed soreness! I was pretty consumed & preoccupied with the threat of my hair falling out, but once it was gone, I just embraced my wigs. Shopping for wigs replaced shopping for shoes
Otherwise, I tolerated treatment really well. I continued to teach Pilates throughout, never struggled w/nausea, but eventually did need some help w/Procrit & Neupogen.
I wish you the very best too.
(I did do a short course with Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin-q3week dose-& felt significantly worse on that combo...TH much preferred)
Keep us posted...
Keep the Faith~
jessica is offline   Reply With Quote