View Single Post
Old 08-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #11
swimangel72

My daughter decided NOT to go on birth control pills after all, I'm so relieved! She's not sexually active andshe said she can live with her heavy periods, she's used to dealing with them. But she didn't want to have to worry that she'd be increasing her risk of BC. Amazing how all the literature the doctors gave us highlight the fact that oral contraceptives REDUCE a woman's risk of getting endometrial cancer and how studies show it does not increase your risk of BC.......even though, online, I've found studies saying it does. I just do NOT trust the literature the doctors gave us. I'm also reading online where some girls, as young as 12 and 13, are routinely put on birth control pills to "regulate" their periods. Why can't they wait a few years and let their own bodies regulate themselves? My period wasn't regular in the beginning ......it took a couple of years to get into "synch". Also so many girls take OCs to clear up their acne...........when maybe just acne medication would do the job. I don't want to be judgmental - everyone's situation is unique - but when doctors say they don't understand why so many younger women are getting BC , why don't they do more studies looking into oral contraceptive use?
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote