View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:56 AM   #23
Paula O

Re: Fighting Breast Cancer With Healthy Lifestyle Choices

Happy New Year!

I listened to the lecture while I worked, Evergreen--thx. Thanks too for the links all who contributed to that. If we see a link or resource that will encourage others with healthy habits, let's share away.

'Lizbeth and MJo--glad you are here and ready for progress!

Everybody,
This year really and truely can be different and loaded with lots of progress with whatever healthy habit YOU want to make progress on. If it's the area of losing weight, pick a plan that works good for you--it doesn't matter what anybody else is doing. This doesn't have to be about food at all though--jump right in with your written goals for fighting cancer with lifestyle changes and how you plan on accomplishing them and let us know how it's going.

Here are my written goals for this week that I am tacking up on my fridge and will track my progress:

I am exercising a minimum of one half hour every single day this week. It feels GREAT to move my body and get my metabolism revved back up to an efficient fat burning furnace, melting away the excess!
T
W
T
F
S
S
M

A "Food Curfew" helps me tremendously and I avoid a heap of snacking temptations by having my mind made up ahead of time that supper is my last food of each day. That's what I am sticking to this week!
T
W
T
F
S
S
M

I am going to feel fantastic when I get back in my ideal weight range and am healthy, lean, and fit again. I feel better already having my plan for success. Today and every day this week I am fueling my body exclusively with plenty of nourishing, nutrient dense, unprocessed foods that build my body up. My body thrives when I eat lots of raw fruit and vegetables. Whether it's raw or cooked, I choose food that promotes vibrant health and energy. If I want to sweeten something, I am using fresh fruit or stevia to make it sweet. I am eating until I am pleasantly satisfied and then I am stopping. I am not eating anything I will regret later or that will tear my body down!
T
W
T
F
S
S
M

I am drinking at least half my body weight in ounces of water/caffeine-free herb tea each day this week. Good hydration makes everything work better!
T
W
T
F
S
S
M

God always has His help available to me in every detail of my life and knows all about my struggles with overeating. I am asking for and accepting His help!
T
W
T
F
S
S
M

I am keeping track of how each day goes. If I mess up I plan to get right back on target. Today I am recording my weight and measurements (chest, waist, upper arm, hips, upper thigh) and will have one of my kids take my photo front, side, and back in fitted clothing . I will repeat these periodically and watch myself shrink.

Today and all of 2013 is a brand new, fresh beginning, full of good things God has for us.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote