View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
'lizbeth

Re: Functional Profiling Leads to Identification of Accurate Genomic Findings

GDP,

thank you for posting this. I remember several years ago I was interested in autologous fat transfer for a revision. My very conservative plastic surgeon was not a fan of it.

Now a few years later I see Catia posting about a very satisfactory results from Dr. Khouri with the Brava bra. He was going against the tide of public opinion. Most US plastic surgeons were not embracing the concept. I watched as the concept was more established in Europe. Finally he is making progress in the US.

I think it will be the same for this concept. Its better. You know it is a better approach. I trust it is a better approach. But it is like turning the Titanic. So many researcher trying to grab the brass ring. They need to step back and look at the big picture. Instead of going full steam ahead. Patients are hitting icebergs and sinking to their deaths. When medicine could just slow down, do a functional test and increase the chances of disease free survival or overall survivor.

I think Nagourney is right. The answer is behind us, and functional testing needs to be integrated into the standard of care for patients with tumor samples large enough to be tested.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote