View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #8
'lizbeth

Re: Physicians have new resource for managing disease in patients with early-stage br

Hey sister,

You can always count on me to point out the reality of a situation, albeit sans tact.

With the 4 vs 6, I believe the Paclitaxol folks were expecting 6 to be more effective than 4 treatments.

The Taxotere group is not going to make the same mistake and reduce sales by 33%. I certainly would not if I was responsible to the shareholders.

You are equating 6 treatments with "fight & win". I'm telling you that logic is based on a false premise. There is no evidence that you, as an individual, have gained any advantage by doing TCH. Only an inference from a study with a large group of women that most benefited from TCH. You are doing chemo because it "could" help to reduce your chance of a recurrence.

That being said a patient should opt for chemo unless the risk of dying from chemo is greater than from not doing chemo.

But there must be a balance. What good is it to win a battle - if it costs you the war? Just talk over your current symptoms with you oncologists before the final treatment.

Shin splints or peripheral neuropathy? Hmmmm . . .

You got me on semantics, fresh veggies are okay. It is the raw veggies that are a no no for you right now. Cooked veggies are okay.

I was slow healer too, with frequent infections.

Whatever you nut, do the chemo - but talk to your oncologist first! It will be great when you are only doing Herceptin. You will be doing soooo much better.

Lock & Load!

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote