Thread: Dense Breasts
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
jacqueline1102

Re: Dense Breasts

Well ladies,

After I have been conducting even more research, there may be something we can do. The areyoudense.org website details which states have legislation in the works about the dense breast information to patients. Indiana is one of the states where nothing has been proposed as of yet. As a state, we are about 2 decades behind in many cases when it comes to health care, educational reform, and environmental causes. I wish I would have stayed in California when I was 21

It is my intention to make this happen. I would encourage all of you who are well enough and have the current stamina and are passionate about this matter, contact your senator/house of reps after the election of course. Feel free to pm if you wish to have further information about how to do this. The advocacy website actually has letters drafted which contain language written in a manner that politicians may be more apt to respond to than "just another breast cancer woman complaining" I hope this is something that I will be able to bring to the boards as well as to women in my state.

Take care,

Jackie
5/12-7/12 33 Radiation treatments
8/1/12 Started Perjeta along with the Herceptin
10/12 Scans said NED for first time
5/15 UWSeattle Vaccine Trial 3 months
12/16 Scans still show NED. Herceptin and Perjeta continue indef.
8/17 Taken off Perjeta;staying on Herceptin. Still NEAD.
3/18 Still NEAD
8/19 Now on Subcutaneous Herceptin
10/21 Remain on Subcutaneous Herceptin (Hylecta)
11/21 CT showed possible lung mets. Was told to wait and see until scan
1/22 CT shows continued growth
03/22 Lung Biopsy said sample was too small but nodules keep growing and IR is convinced that it is indeed cancer
04/22 Oncologist referred for consult for a transbronchial biopsy. This does not sound pleasant
jacqueline1102 is offline   Reply With Quote