View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 03:10 AM   #13
rentrac

MUGA results can certainly make you feel mentally mugged; mine certainy have. I started at 65% before Adriamycin and Herceptin and was down to 53-54% with the start of Tykerb. Exercise is one of the big keys to working with this stuff. It's so hot in the summer here, that the pool makes a great substitute. Just walking around in water up to your neck, playing around with someone like spouse,friend or kids by flutter kicking with noodles or doing stretching or jumping jacks can be taken slowly and give a good cardio workout without seeming as tiring. As your doctor if he can prescribe physical therapy or cardio-therapy so they can guide you in getting back in shape safely and have your insurance help with the tab. After having gamma-knife, my neurosugeon prescribed PT and it certainly made a difference in my cardiac function and overall feeling better - and my MUGA is staying steady if not possibly rising. Good Luck and DON"T DESPAIR!
warmly, Rentrac
Oct. 2003: Dx age 48, Stage IIIA Ductal Ca. dense dose neoadjuvent AC. BrCa 1&2 -, ER+, PR-, Her2+. 2004: R mastectomy, 3+ nodes, dense doseTaxotere ( allergic), total hysterectomy, radiationx36 . Tamoxifen x6 mo., Arimidex x9 mo. Jan. '06: Multi left metastatic nodes left neck. Stage IV. Taxol, Carboplatin (allergic to both), Herceptin, radiationx27. Herceptin cont'd. 1 mediastinal met in old rad field. April: 2 brain mets - Rcerebellar, Ltemporal lobe. Gammaknife. Stop Herceptin, Start Tykerb. May: CyberKnife-mediastinal node, Zometa restart. July: New RLung mets. Xeloda add. Jan. 2008: CT: Lung mets shrinking. Fatty liver w/increased liver function panel. Feb '08: MRI: brain mets back, 2nd GammaKnife. June: Migraine headaches from cerebellar tumor. Team for WBR - Choose Craniotomy on Cerebellum only. Aug: Crainiotomy successful. Sept: PET -right lung apex clean; left internal mammary artery appears malignant. Herceptin in future. Left mastectomy?
rentrac is offline   Reply With Quote